Subject: Re: 2.0beta build failure on sparc
To: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@lightning.msu.montana.edu>
From: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
List: current-users
Date: 06/20/2004 22:59:53
At 21:06 Uhr -0600 15.6.2004, Michael L. Hitch wrote:
>  I think it's a result of the COPTS line in /etc/mk.conf.  I think the
>files in racoon (and perhaps others) don't normally compile with -O2, and
>crypto_openssl.c compiles fine with default options.  With -O2, there are
>more stringent checks, which result in the above errors.

Which would mean that you cannot use a COPTS entry in /etc/mk.conf. I've
used "COPTS = -mcpu=supersparc -O2 -pipe" for a long time without problems,
even for the occasional (this is a SPARCstation 10) distrib build.

Is there any way to protect subsystems if they need special optimisation
levels?

>  The following patch will allow it to compile:

Fixes the problem at hand. I am trying a build with MAKECONF=/dev/null now
to make sure there are no other problems.

	hauke

--
/~\  The ASCII Ribbon Campaign
\ /    No HTML/RTF in email