Subject: Re: NMI on Compaq 1850R (was Re: cac problems with 2.0E-20040517)
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
From: Giles Lean <giles@nemeton.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 06/20/2004 12:23:47
Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net> wrote:

> Have you ever talked to anyone at Compaq?  I can't imagine any of the people
> I talked to at HP or Compaq caring about this.  I mean, not that it's not a
> good argument; they just struck me as dim.

Urk.

In case it helps, the Compaq (now HP) product support plan for the 1850R
clearly says it supports ECC memory:

  "The 1850R ... integrates an Intel 440BX chipset and a 100MHz GTL
   bus ... for all models, the memory is expandable to 1GB."

Some more detail is available here:

   http://www.compaq.com/products/servers/ProLiant1850R/memory.html

What is in the machine and why NetBSD has issues with it I have no
idea at all.  I've never seen an 1850R and indeed didn't know what
it was until I hit some search engines.

Good luck,

Giles