Subject: Re: NMI on Compaq 1850R (was Re: cac problems with 2.0E-20040517)
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Ross <cross+netbsd@distal.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/18/2004 23:50:32
Chris Ross wrote:
>   Yesterday's tree (with a GENERIC.MP kernel from earlier this
> week, I think) shows the same problem.  :-(
>
>   I'm gonna try memtest86+ next, and see what it says...

   Welp, it ran for hours.  Found no problems, with the full 1 GB
(4 256MB DIMMs) in the system.

   It did note, however, regardless of what I tried to set the
options to, that ECC was "Off".  I'm not sure why.  Intel 440bx
supports ECC, right?  I know this is ECC memory, but I can find
no way to turn ECC on or off in the System Config software, and
I don't think there is a separate BIOS config on this machine
(Compaq Proliant 1850R).

   Hrm...  Any other ideas, anyone?

                           - Chris