Subject: Re: Building NetBSD-current from solaris 10b
To: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.de>
From: James Chacon <jmc@NetBSD.org>
List: current-users
Date: 06/15/2004 10:08:15
On Tue, Jun 15, 2004 at 08:12:41AM +0000, Matthias Scheler wrote:
> In article <40CE04F9.6000506@distal.com>,
> 	Chris Ross <cross+netbsd@distal.com> writes:
> >    I have a sparc64 box (SunFire 880) here, running a beta of
> > Solaris 10.  It happens Solaris 10 seems to have the same
> > lame /bin/sh that solaris has for quite a while,
>
> Solaris comes with a bourne shell without any extensions.
>
> > ... and it won't run build.sh.
>
> I would argue that this is a bug in "build.sh". I tries to use the bourne
> shell "sh" but is apparently not compatible with it. It should perhaps
> use "ksh" or something another advance shell.

All of this is documented in tools/compat/README for various platforms.

For solaris it notes:

* $HOST_CC needs to be set properly (for gcc, it should be set to "gcc",
  otherwise the improper /usr/ucb/cc may be invoked by accident).

* Needs the following paths, in this order, in $PATH:

      /usr/xpg4/bin
      /usr/ccs/bin
      <path to host C and C++ compilers>
      /usr/bin