Subject: Re: kern/25285: i386 MP panic: TLB IPI rendezvous failed (mask 1)
To: YAMAMOTO Takashi <yamt@mwd.biglobe.ne.jp>
From: Paul Dokas <dokas@cs.umn.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 06/10/2004 09:13:46
On Wed, 09 Jun 2004 23:46:08 +0900 YAMAMOTO Takashi <yamt@mwd.biglobe.ne.jp> wrote:
> > > The quad Xeon that I put this patch onto panic'd sometime on Friday night.
> > > I'll put the detail here tomorrow after I've had a change to visit the
> > > computer (I don't have a serial console on it yet).
> >
> > I've looked over the machine and here's what I found.
>
> it seems that Xspllower and Xdoreti also have a race window.
> can you try the attached diff in addition to the previous intr.h one?
>
> YAMAMOTO Takashi

I've been running with this additional patch for over 12 hours under a
moderate load and no panics so far.  I'll keep trying to crash the machine.

BTW, I decided to not remove RaidFrame from the mix as Greg Oster mentioned
that it should be SMP safe.

Paul
--
Paul Dokas                                            dokas@cs.umn.edu
Don Juan Matus:  "an enigma wrapped in mystery wrapped in a tortilla."