Subject: Re: Problem with ntpd in recent months?
To: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
From: Matthias Drochner <M.Drochner@fz-juelich.de>
List: current-users
Date: 06/09/2004 19:23:42
fredb@immanent.net said:
> Please try the jumbo patch I posted to PR 23929.

I wasn't able to extract a working patch from the PR,
so I've just given the latest snapshot
(ntp-stable-4.2.0a-20040608) a try.
ntpd seems to behave more peacefully than 4.2; it settles
quickly, without the overshoot observed before.
Sadly, for IPv6 they did neither follow the NetBSD patches
(which I had sent to their bugzilla) nor the current (bind9)
libisc and came out with stuff which doesn't work. So we'll
have to maintain our local fixes for a while.
I'll be traveling for the rest of the week; I'll do some
more testing next week and eventually update the in-tree
version.
Could you put your jumbo patch somewhere or send it as
attachment -- it might be preferrable to apply it first
to get something easily pulled into the 2.0 branch.

best regards
Matthias