Subject: Re: systrace broken in -current?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jeff Ito <jeffi@rcn.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/23/2004 11:18:25
> After bulding -current this morning:
>
> (ack)/home/ack-n/mike$ type gaim
> gaim is an alias for 'LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/X11R6/lib systrace /usr/local/bin/gaim'
> (ack)/home/ack-n/mike$ gaim
> systrace: intercept_get_string: ioctl: Invalid argument
> systrace: intercept_syscall:752: intercept_filename: Invalid argument
> Killed
> (ack)/home/ack-n/mike$ uname -a
> NetBSD ack 2.0E NetBSD 2.0E (ack) #28: Tue May 18 09:11:33 EDT 2004  root@ack:/home/build/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/obj/ack i386

I have noticed this problem as well.  With a  kernel built from
sources ~5/14/2004, systrace works without a problem.  With sources
from ~5/22/2004 they do not.  I believe I have tracked down this
problem to the changes made in sys_process.c from v1.88 to v1.89.

I tested two kernels identical except for sys_process.c revision, and
with v1.88 systrace works, v1.89 it fails.

I don't know if this suggests an underlying error in systrace that
this exposed, or in the sys_process.c diff, but hopefully this will
give someone a place to start looking.

Jeff