Subject: need a which(1)
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: current-users
Date: 05/22/2004 14:47:16
The cvs history for src/usr.bin/which says which was removed and that "All
other shells have similar builtins."

What about third-party configure scripts and various software provided by
pkgsrc that hard-codes the usage of "which" (but obviously doesn't use any
csh)?

(An example is evolution's configure script. A run-time example was
GRAMPS until I got them to fix their code.)

If NetBSD -current provides a which(1) tool, please point me to it.

Or please point me to an alternative, so I can package it up -- because I
need it.

I have heard some discussion and have seen a variety of which
implementations, but I'll use NetBSD's if it provides one.

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 open source, Unix, *BSD, Linux training
	  	 	 http://www.pugetsoundtechnology.com/