Subject: Re: HEADS UP: x11 configuration moved to /etc/X11
To: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
From: Luke Mewburn <lukem@NetBSD.org>
List: current-users
Date: 05/20/2004 12:25:18
--K8ZjEs20lkMJbfGq

On Wed, May 19, 2004 at 09:53:57PM -0400, Mason Loring Bliss wrote:
  | On Sun, May 16, 2004 at 09:24:39PM +1000, Luke Mewburn wrote:
  |=20
  | >     *	End-user configuration is now in /etc/X11 instead of
  | > 	/usr/X11R6/lib/X11, for the following subdirs:
  | > 		fs lbxproxy proxymngr rstart twm xdm xinit xserver xsm
  |=20
  | Um. Sorry I didn't reply sooner, but isn't this just gratuitously
  | different from other systems? I can't think of any system off the top
  | of my head where I'd expect to find those in /etc.

SuSE and RedHat put this stuff in /etc/X11.
That's a sizeable market share...

It's also consistent with how we do other things in our system.
/usr (sans pkgsrc) is technically shareable amongst multiple
systems, and /etc is where host specific configuration goes.

--K8ZjEs20lkMJbfGq

--K8ZjEs20lkMJbfGq--