Subject: Re: WINE working?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: current-users
Date: 05/18/2004 18:16:10
In message <200405190810.44055.junyoung@mogua.com>, Bang Jun-Young writes:
>Peter Seebach wrote:
>> I'm wondering, does anyone have WINE working well in -current?  I get
>> horrific crashes and hangs.  Obviously there's something wrong, as
>> nothing should be able to hang the kernel... But I'm not sure whether
>> that's configuration or user error, or WINE not working.
>
>Wine has never been working well on Linux either for last 10+ years... :-/

Heh.

Well, a bit of poking reveals that it works much better emulating 98 than
XP... But I still can't run most programs, because about 70% of the DLLs
any given program uses appear to have their names encoded with a different
case than was used in the filesystem, and there's no cheap workaround.  ARGH!

-s