Subject: Re: thinkpad?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Simon Gerraty <sjg@juniper.net>
List: current-users
Date: 05/16/2004 16:32:09
Thanks to Perry I have a current kernel on my ThinkPad T41
which recognizes the onboard ethernet (wm0) and wireless adapters (ath0).

I noticed though that dhclient couldn't get a lease using wm0.
In fact even configuring it manually (after killing off dhclient)
I could not get any traffic out of it.

BUT as soon as I ran tcpdump on it - it started working.
This hints that there's some extra initialization step needed.
(hopefully putting it into/outof promiscuous mode isn't it ;-)

Also, does anyone have an XFree86 config suitable for the T41?

Thanks
--sjg