Subject: wsdisplay screens disappear after xdm starts
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Louis Guillaume <lguillaume@berklee.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 05/12/2004 14:59:00
Hello Everyone.

I'm seeing that my wscons screens are disappearing after xdm starts.
This prints during startup...

$ dmesg|grep ws
wsdisplay0 at vga1 kbdmux 1: console (80x25, vt100 emulation)
wsmux1: connecting to wsdisplay0
wskbd0 at pckbd0: console keyboard, using wsdisplay0
wsmouse0 at ums0 mux 0
wsdisplay0: screen 1 added (80x25, vt100 emulation)
wsdisplay0: screen 2 added (80x25, vt100 emulation)
wsdisplay0: screen 3 added (80x25, vt100 emulation)
wsdisplay0: screen 4 added (80x25, vt100 emulation)

... and I have wscons turned on...

$ grep ws /etc/rc.conf
wscons=YES              wscons_flags=""         # setup wscons from
wscons.conf

... Once xdm starts, I can Ctrl-Alt-F1 to go back to screen 1 and I can
use Ctrl-Alt-F5 to go back to my X11 display (0). But Ctrl-Alt-F2
through F4 just give me a cursor at the top left.

I noticed this a long time ago, probably last year but forgot about it.
It probably co-incided with my ceasing to use the plain old XFree86.org
cvs and beginning to use xsrc.

It would be nice to figure out what's going on and get those other
screens back. Any help would be great. Thanks

Louis