Subject: Re: 'make release' floppy issue on alpha
To: Peter Eisch <peter@boku.net>
From: Ray Phillips <r.phillips@jkmrc.uq.edu.au>
List: current-users
Date: 05/07/2004 17:09:09
Peter:

I'm having the same problem you are [1].  It's been over a month
since I've been able to get -current for the alpha to build.

When I read Luke's reply to your posting it occurred to me that,
since I don't need floppies to install NetBSD, it might be easier to
tell build.sh floppies are bigger than they really are instead of
removing some drivers from the kernel.  Accordingly, without really
knowing what I was doing, I made these changes:

In /usr/src/distrib/alpha/floppy-GENERIC/Makefile

inserted this line

FLOPPYSIZE=    11520

after

FLOPPYMAX?=     1

In /usr/src/distrib/alpha/instkernel/cd-hd-tape/Makefile

changed

FLOPPYSIZE=     5760

FLOPPYSIZE=     11520

In /usr/src/distrib/alpha/instkernel/fdset/Makefile

changed
FLOPPYSIZE=     2880

FLOPPYSIZE=     11520

It seemed to work, at least the release was built, but I haven't
installed the binaries on a machine yet.

Ray

[1]  http://mail-index.NetBSD.org/current-users/2004/05/02/0004.html