Subject: Re: atheros 5212 card in adhoc mode and "no buffer space"
To: David Young <dyoung@pobox.com>
From: Alicia da Conceicao <alicia@engine.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 05/06/2004 10:33:12
> Nobody doubts that your Atheros card works in WinXP.  I will look into
> the NetBSD bug just as soon as I can.
> Today I am making a patch that will not fix your problem, but it will
> help you produce debug messages for me.
> If it is any reassurance, my project is buying 50 Atheros cards, so I
> will urgently need for ath(4) to work, myself.  Incidentally, I intend to
> use the cards in ad hoc mode, so I will be in the same boat as Konstantin.

Hi Dave:

I downloaded and compiled a new kernel source today, and POOF the
Atheros bug appears to have been fixed.  After a few hours of
continuous Wi/Fi use, I have yet to experience any network freezes
or loss of the Wi/Fi link with the router.

Prehaps the changes you made took a while to be propagated to the
NetBSD-current source tarballs:

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-current/tar_files/src/sys.tar.gz
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-current/tar_files/src/contrib.tar.gz

In anycase, I want to give you my sincere thanks for all of your help.
Atheros Wi/Fi is now fully useable under NetBSD.  I will continue to
test, just to be 100%, but as far as I am concerned, the gnat
for "port-i386/25296" can be closed.

Alicia.

PS. You mentioned that you will be buying 50 Atheros cards.  If these
	are the mini-pci type 3b (IIIb) in size (44.45 x 59.6 x 4.9 mm)
	for laptops, then I would be interested in knowing any places
	that you find which sell them.