Subject: Re: MPACPI fix (for those who had trouble with it, urgent!)
To: Takayoshi Kochi <kochi@NetBSD.org>
From: Alicia da Conceicao <alicia@engine.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 05/04/2004 17:18:32
> > I looked into the problem of MPACPI related panics and am trying to
> > fix it.  If you had any panic with the existing MPACPI code,
> > please try the patch attached to this message ASAP, so that
> > we can make it for 2.0-release.
>
> I forgot to mention that the patch was for the very -current.
> If you would like to test on 2.0-BETA, please replace
> /sys/arch/x86/x86/mpacpi.c with the attached new file.

Hi Takayoshi:

I took the lastest 2.0 Beta sources from NetBSD-current this morning
and replaced the mpacpi.c file with the one you posted to the mailing
list.

On my ACPI laptop, I still get the exact same behavour that I had
with earlier kernels.  Basically with MPACPI, if I still unable to
use my laptop's PCMCIA slot.

If I enable cardbus (option cbb* & option cardslot*) and
PCIBIOS_ADDR_FIXUP in my kernel, the kernel panics during boot:

ppb0 at pci0 dev 30 function 0: Intel 82801BAM Hub-to-PCI Bridge (rev. 0x83)
pci1 at ppb0 bus1
pci1: i/o space, memory space enabled
cbb0 at pci1 dev 3 function 0: Ricoh 5C475 PCI-CardBus bridge (rev. 0xb8)
uvm_fault(0xc05ddd3c0, 0, 0, 1) -> 0xe
kernel: page fault trap, code=0
Stopped in pid 0.1 (swapper) at netbsd:rbus_new_root_share+0xc: cmpl    0xc(%cex),%edx
db>

And if I enable cardbus (option cbb* & option cardslot*) and
disable PCIBIOS_ADDR_FIXUP in my kernel, the kernel is unable to
get an interrupt for cardbus.

ppb0 at pci0 dev 30 function 0: Intel 82801BAM Hub-to-PCI Bridge (rev. 0x83)
pci1 at ppb0 bus 1
pci1: i/o space, memory space enabled
cbb0 at pci1 dev 3 function 0: Ricoh 5C475 PCI-CardBus bridge (rev. 0xb8)
cbb0: NOT USED because of unconfigured interrupt
fwohci0 at pci1 dev 3 function 1: Ricoh 5C551 PCI-CardBus bridge/Firewire (rev. 0x00)

So either way, still no functional cardbus/pcmcia on my laptop with
NetBSD.  BTW, if I try to just use pcmcia* options with pcic*, then
the kernel still panics, even with PCIBIOS_ADDR_FIXUP disabled.

My laptop is a "JVC-Victor Interlink MP-XP7310", that I purchased
in Tokyo Japan last December.

If you have any additional ACPI patches, please let me know so that
am continue to test.

Alicia.