Subject: Re: clean current fails OpenOffice 1.1.1 linux install but binarys work!
To: George Michaelson <ggm@apnic.net>
From: Michael Rauch <mrauch@NetBSD.org>
List: current-users
Date: 04/30/2004 18:05:01
Hi,

On Fri, Apr 30, 2004 at 09:52:27PM +1000, George Michaelson wrote:
> linux emulated OpenOffice 1.1.1, with java.
>
> the setup/install combination coredumps with some issue in glibc.

Do you have the exact message?
Btw, if it's just
glibc: 2.2.4
that's normal and fine. There's a check at the beginning that the glibc
version is new enough, and it always prints the found version number as a
diagnostic message.
There might also be a log file in
/usr/pkg/OpenOffice.org1.1.1/program/setup.log. Does it contain any
interesting lines?

> but, if I copy the /usr/pkg/OpenOffice.org1.1.1/ and /var/db/pkg/openoffice-linux/
> state into my machine, they run fine.
>
> bizarre. any ideas? I think I found some issue with the suse_libc5 package
> before but my search of email in NetBSD archives wasn't conclusive.

How current is your -current? Looking at commit messages, there have been
some problems during the statvfs->statfs transition, the last fix is from
April 27.

The suse_libc5 issue was that in the days of version 1.0.3 some people
claimed they couldn't install the package unless the suse_libc5 package was
installed as well. I never could reproduce the problem on my computer, nor
to my knowledge has anyone found the cause for this.

Michael