Subject: Re: can't build current - gcc fails
To: NetBSD Current <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Dick Davies <rasputnik@hellooperator.net>
List: current-users
Date: 04/29/2004 14:29:37
Spoke too soon -

./build.sh -m tools still fails, same error

I've worked round this with a snapshot of base.tgz, pulled out
sysctl and a new libc for it (not my preferred option, hopefully
it'll be backwards compatible) and sysctl -a now returns useful
stuff. I'll have another go.... *very* glad I didn't try this
on my headless (+ no serial port) box now :)

Is it worth having a sysctl in the bootstrap toolchain, if gcc
depends on it so much?

* Dick Davies <rasputnik@hellooperator.net> [0416 13:16]:

--
Remember, UNIX spelled backwards is XINU.