Subject: shaky dhcpd?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Patrick Welche <prlw1@newn.cam.ac.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 04/24/2004 18:39:12
Yesterday I added a few computers to dhcpd.conf, /etc/rc.d/dhcpd
restarted, but they had no joy: "no address pool". Tinkering, i.e.,
many more restarts, I ended up with the same dhcpd.conf, and suddenly
all worked. (a dhcpd restart has always been sufficient - oh, and
I know I ended up with the same dhcpd.conf)

Today I see: "dhcpd: send_packet: Invalid argument" on requests, including
by a request from a  NetBSD-1.6ZE/i386 host, so I can't blame wintendo
clients..

Any thoughts? I didn't notice anything in particular change - oh the dhcpd
server is running 22 Apr current, the backup dhcpd server shows no such
warnings and is running NetBSD-1.6F/i386 (no Z)..

Cheers,

Patrick