Subject: Re: ipf still poorly?
To: NetBSD Current <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Markus W Kilbinger <kilbi@rad.rwth-aachen.de>
List: current-users
Date: 04/23/2004 01:09:02
In addition:

    >>> Does anyone know if the IPF problems in recent currents have
    >>> been resolved yet?
    >>>
    >>> I'd like to update my box, but if that's still shaky, i can't.
    >>
    >> IPF in -current is fine with IPv4, AFAICS there are still
    >> problems with IPv6 and IPsec.

    Andreas> I am running with the patch from kern/24981 and have not
    Andreas> had a problem with IPv4 or IPv6. Don't know about IPSec.

I'm running a sparc ipx as ipv4 and ipv6 router, incl. ipv4 nat: While
the ipv4 part seems to run fine my ipx hangs or panics in doing ipv6
routing under 'heavier' load (eg scp-ing a file) over pppoe even _w/_
kern/24981's patch.

(if there is interest I can provide kernel back traces, dumps, what
ever...)

Markus.