Subject: devel/gal can't find libglade
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org, tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Rhialto <rhialto@azenomei.knuffel.net>
List: current-users
Date: 04/17/2004 01:20:43
checking for Glade libraries >= 0.13... configure: error: Did not find
libGlade installed
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /vol1/rhialto/cvs/pkgsrc/devel/gal
*** Error code 1

I have libglade installed of course, but the command that configure uses
to detect it doesn't:

echo $ECHO_N "checking for Glade libraries >= 0.13... $ECHO_C" >&6
if gnome-config --libs libglade > /dev/null 2>&1; then

Running gnome-config manually gives at the end:

If LIBRARY is none of these,

    /usr/pkg/lib/<LIBRARY>Conf.sh

is looked in for the necessary information.  Those currently installed
appear to be:

gdk_pixbuf, gdk_pixbuf_xlib, ghttp, glibwww, libIDL, libart, libole2,
oaf, print, soup, soup_apache, soup_wsdl, xml2, xml, xslt, gdk_pixbuf,
gdk_pixbuf_xlib, ghttp, glibwww, libIDL, libart, libole2, oaf,
print, soup, soup_apache, soup_wsdl, xml2, xml, xslt

Libglade is installed in /usr/X11R6 but gnome-config is under /usr/pkg.
No doubt this is because I have USE_XPKGWEDGE=NO in /etc/mk.conf. Which
was in turn necessary so that gtk as installed under /usr/X11R6 would be
found by packages requiring it. The announcement about xpkgwedge seemed
to say that pre-existing packages would still be found despite the
change, but this is apparently not so.

I suppose *could* just de-install every graphical package in sight and
recompile with USE_XPKGWEDGE=YES, but I'd prefer not to. That would take
days.

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl        -- Cetero censeo "authored" delendum esse.