Subject: Re: Problem Making Abiword
To: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv@menta.net>
From: Art Lemasters <slemas1@mindspring.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/10/2004 09:54:02
Julio M. Merino Vidal wrote:
> The problem is that you updated glib2 and gtk2 to their 2.4.0 version _without_
> rebuilding _everything_ that used them (i.e., did you use 'make replace'?).
> A 'make update' from glib2 should solve your problems, though it may take a
> while if you have lots of packages that depend on it...
>
> HTH

   Oops.  I reported erroneously on where the errors occured. They
occured when I tried to *run* abiword.

   Did abiword make and install without the error on your system?
gtk2 and glib2 were cleaned here (along with all depends), and the
make update is done.  The problem is still happening.

   Could it be that I need to make update for a package that controls
linking (especially symlinks)?  ...might try a fresh CVS build, also.
Speed is no problem here with the new CPU (Duron 1.6), mainboard
(ASUS a7v600) and overclocking (Volcano 7+ HSF) during makes.
...cheap but good stuff.  My complements to the kernel maintainers
on the great work and hope to see the CPU temperature monitor driver
soon!

Art