Subject: Oddity with the 2.0B kernel (i386)
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org, tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Vincent <10.50@free.fr>
List: current-users
Date: 04/04/2004 21:24:10
Hi there,

it is a very unimportant thing, but I am rather sure, though I've no
proof because I never really had a close look before, that my processor,
an Intel P4M, is incorrecly detected as a Mobile Celeron.
I've that :

cpu0 at mainbus0: (uniprocessor)
cpu0: Intel Mobile Celeron (686-class), 1395.55 MHz, id 0xf24
cpu0: features 3febf9ff<FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,SEP,MTRR>
cpu0: features 3febf9ff<PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CFLUSH,DS,ACPI,MMX>
cpu0: features 3febf9ff<FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM>
cpu0: I-cache 12K uOp cache 8-way, D-cache 8 KB 64b/line 4-way
cpu0: L2 cache 512 KB 64b/line 8-way
cpu0: ITLB 4K/4M: 64 entries
cpu0: DTLB 4K/4M: 64 entries
cpu0: 16 page colors

Any clue ? Or am I wrong ? Or did HP cheat me ? :)
Vincent