Subject: ASUS P4P800 ACPI
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: John Nemeth <jnemeth@victoria.tc.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 03/29/2004 03:59:58
     My -current machine has an ASUS P4P800 motherboard and I seem to
be having problems with ACPI.  The motherboard BIOS version is:
"ASUS P4P800 ACPI BIOS Revision 1015".  When I turn on
"ACPI APIC Support" in the BIOS setup, the kernel panics.  This is a
bit of a problem, since I can't get hyperthreading without that.  The
processor is "Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.20GHz".  The kernel is:

NetBSD P4-3200GHz 1.6ZL NetBSD 1.6ZL (P4-3200GHz) #1: Mon Mar 29 01:52:06 PST 2004  jnemeth@P4-3200GHz:/sys/arch/i386/compile/P4-3200GHz i386

It was built from 20040326 sources.  The last few lines printed on the
screen were:

ioapic0 at mainbus0 apid 2 (I/O APIC)
ioapic0: pa 0xfec00000, virtual wire mode, version 20, 24 pins
acpi0 at mainbus0
acpi0: using Intel ACPI CA subsystem version 20040211
acpi0: X/RSDT: OemID <A M I ,OEMXSDT ,01000428>, AslID <MSFT, 00000097>
acpi0: SCI interrupting at int 9
acpi0: fixed-feature power button present
mpacpi: found root PCI bus 0 at level 1
mpacpi: found subordinate bus at level 2
mpacpi: found subordinate bus at level 2
mpacpi: 3 PCI busses
mpacpi: found subordinate PCI bus 2
mpacpi: PCI bus 1 has no ACPI handle; ignoring
mpacpi: PCI bus 1 has no ACPI handle; ignoring
panic: mpacpi: couldn't find all PCI bus numbers

I've put a copy of the dmesg at
http://victoria.tc.ca/~jnemeth/dmesg.boot and the kernel config at
http://victoria.tc.ca/~jnemeth/P4-3200GHz .  Does anybody have any idea
how to solve this problem.