Subject: Latest sources doesn't really deal with softdep
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Claudio M. Camacho <claudiocamacho@vodafone.es>
List: current-users
Date: 03/14/2004 01:10:26
   Tonight before going home I was copying some GBs from a partition
into other one (this one with softdep), I used the latest sources so
softdep didnt have to bother so much; when it was about 3 GBs, (while I
was downloading some packages and building some sources), the system
was crashed (hanged); the HD led was lighted and making sound like
writing, but the system didn't respond; and there was no errors or no
panics, maybe an infinite loop read/writing...

   The second thing I have seen is when FFS is flushing before going
under minimum mem level, (the latest softdep patch), the network is
stopped and all the system is very unresponsive, you cant do anything
during 3 or 4 seconds. It just bothers, but is there any idea to change
this?
--

Claudio M. Camacho

http://mkd.ath.cx