Subject: Re: NetBSD/amd64 and XFree86.
To: Stephen Degler <stephen@degler.net>
From: Richard Rauch <rkr@olib.org>
List: current-users
Date: 03/13/2004 11:19:13
On Thu, Mar 11, 2004 at 09:16:39AM -0500, Stephen Degler wrote:
 [...]
> 2) I had seen some similar problems (sig11) due to the failure of module

Okay, this seems to be the culprit when I run X -configure, the failure
happens at that point.

I've just done a wipe-and-reinstall---actually I took the liberty
of peeking at how an i386 GNU/LINUX runs on this box, and also
gave FreeBSD/amd64 a whirl.  But that (mis)adventure is not relavent
to this list.  (^&

What did you do to work around the module loading failure?  Or is that
still an unfixed problem?

I assume that this is a kernel *bug* since the problem reared its
head when I took a working system (circa Jan. 29) and replaced only
the kernel, initially.

I can live without X for a while, but not indefinitely.  And right
now, X dies before it initializes the display.