Subject: Re: 2 sendmail files written into src
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org, wsimpson@greendragon.com>
From: Luke Mewburn <lukem@NetBSD.org>
List: current-users
Date: 03/12/2004 15:00:15
--F7w+4yMapWozG0Ib

On Thu, Mar 11, 2004 at 10:55:10PM -0500, Christopher Richards wrote:
  | On 11 Mar 2004 22:16:58 GMT, William Allen Simpson wrote:
  |=20
  | > According to CVS, there appear to be 2 other files written in src. =
=20
  | > However, these are leftover from earlier invocations, so I'm not sure=
=20
  | > they are still written, but they should be checked.
  | >
  | > ? gnu/usr.sbin/sendmail/cf/cf/netbsd-msp.cf
  | > ? gnu/usr.sbin/sendmail/cf/cf/netbsd-proto.cf
  |=20
  | I made a similar observation about these 3 maverick files in
  | PR bin/24076, "Build would fail with read-only sources".  If any
  | solution comes of this discussion, that PR should be closed.
  |=20
  | I, too, used "build.sh -O /usr/obj ...".
  |=20
  | Of course, I tried it without using any "-O" option first, only to
  | find destdir.i386 and friends created in /usr/src.  A strange way
  | to behave, I thought.

I've just successfully finished a build on a system with source in
/var/tmp/src which was set read-only with permissions/ownership,
building using '-O /usr/obj -u -U', with no environment variables
such as MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX or TOOLDIR set, and it succeeded.

At this point, I can't reproduce this problem :(

--F7w+4yMapWozG0Ib

--F7w+4yMapWozG0Ib--