Subject: Re: pthread_yield ?
To: Klaus Klein <kleink@reziprozitaet.de>
From: Antti Kantee <pooka@cs.hut.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 03/11/2004 16:15:11
On Thu Mar 11 2004 at 14:49:39 +0100, Klaus Klein wrote:
> Florian Stöhr <netbsd@wolfnode.de> writes:
>
> > just wondering ... why isn't there a pthread_yield in
> > /usr/include/pthread.h on -current ?
>
> Because sched_yield() is the portable interface you should use.

additional brainteasers (at least they tease me ;)

So sched_yield() isn't available for non-threaded processes?  Will it
be, since there's a syscall number reserved for it?  I'm thinking about
thread implementations which use heavyweight-processes for threading.

  - antti

--
Antti Kantee <pooka@iki.fi>                     Of course he runs NetBSD
http://www.iki.fi/pooka/                          http://www.NetBSD.org/