Subject: Kernel crash of -current 1.6ZK
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Florence HENRY <Florence.Henry@obspm.fr>
List: current-users
Date: 03/10/2004 10:44:53
Hello,

I've updated my -current when the last security advisories were issued
Here is my uname -a :
NetBSD otarie 1.6ZK NetBSD 1.6ZK (OTARIE) #10: Mon Mar  1 16:28:06 UTC
2004  root@otarie:/usr/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/OTARIE i386

Since this day, I had 2 crashes of my machine. It falls into the db. Here
are the whole messages I get:

uvm_fault(0xccff0978,0,0,2) -> 0xe
kernel : page fault trap, code=0
Stopped in pid 4799.1 (find) at netbsd:ntfs_vgetex +0x245; incl 0x14(%eax)
db>

a backtrace gives (I do not report all the code numbers):

db> bt
ntfs_vgetex at netbsd:ntfs_vgetex
ntfs_ntvattrget
ntfs_ntlookupfile
ntfs_lookup
VOP_LOOKUP
lookup
namei
sys___lstat
syscall_plain
--- syscall (number 80) ---

when I tried to reboot :

db> reboot
syncing disks... wm0: Receive overrun
done
panic: lockmgr: draining against myself
db>

an other "reboot" rebooted the computer.

I add that I do have a ntfs partition mounted, and I think that the
crashes happens when the /etc/daily script is running (in the root
mailbox, I have the report of the preceding task, but not this one).

Does this may have a link with the "possible botched superblock upgrade
detected" ? I cannot get rid of this message (though I did what it is
said in http://mail-index.netbsd.org/current-users/2004/01/11/0022.html)!

Thanks for any help

----
Florence HENRY