Subject: Re: PCSC-lite under NetBSD
To: Christian Palomino <zakhrin@freeshell.org>
From: Love <lha@stacken.kth.se>
List: current-users
Date: 03/08/2004 20:04:14
--=-=-=

Christian Palomino <zakhrin@freeshell.org> writes:

> Hi
>
>  Has anyone be able to install PCSC-lite under NetBSD?

Yes, I tried to use it with the usb CCID driver that exists that uses
libusb. It didn't work for that, so I wrote my own driver.

http://people.su.se/~lha/patches/netbsd/uccid.c
http://people.su.se/~lha/patches/netbsd/uccidvar.h

and a glue lib that provides the ifp interface PCSC-lite uses

http://people.su.se/~lha/patches/netbsd/libifh-uccid/

Now, I somewhat agree to that it do this as a userland driver, but I also
have a Cardman 4000 from Omnikey (just like you), and it would be great if
they (cardman 4000 pcmcia card and the uccid usb thingy) could share
interface.

I deciphered enough of the linux driver to see that it might be possible to
port it to netbsd, however the code that I want to use to for (pkinit in
kerberos) needs be written first, so I've been doing that rather then
writing another device driver.

Love

--=-=-=

--=-=-=--