Subject: Re: Samsung drive not found
To: Takahiro Kambe <taca@back-street.net>
From: Kurt Schreiner <ks@ub.uni-mainz.de>
List: current-users
Date: 03/02/2004 14:45:21
On Tue, Mar 02, 2004 at 08:34:42PM +0900, Takahiro Kambe wrote:
> In message <20040302112454.GA14907@imega-bsd.ub.uni-mainz.de>
> 	on Tue, 2 Mar 2004 12:24:54 +0100,
> 	Kurt Schreiner <ks@ub.uni-mainz.de> wrote:
> > I now have this shiny new Shuttle-Box w/ an Samsung 120G Drive, Model SP1203N.
> Did you look at PR kern/22527?  (I don't have the drive any more.)
I just did... and had to upp the delay to 2000 to have netbsd get the
disk dependably. Hm, I think someone knowing wdc &co should have a
look at this to get the Right Thing done in the kernel sources. Would
be nice if NetBSD finds disks w/o such hackerey as other OS'es
(and some largish boot-monitor called windoof ;-) do.

If there's something I can do to help get this done right, I'll
happily apply patches, compile kernels, ...

-kurt