Subject: SB16 isa + SB64 pnp
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Piotr Stolc <socrtp@soclab.eu.org>
List: current-users
Date: 03/01/2004 23:49:27
Hi,
I've installed 2 ISA soundcards in p2 350 machine, one SB16 and one SB
AWE64 pnp and something strange is happening with them.
Sometimes the kernel detects only SB16, sometimes only SB64 and very
rarely both cards, but then only one of them is working correctly. These
two cards are not damaged, they work correctly (ADC and DAC).

What can be wrong? There are no IRQ/DMA conflicts with other devices.

My kernel is:
NetBSD s 1.6ZK NetBSD 1.6ZK (S) #2: Sat Feb 28 20:08:57 CET 2004  pkgadm@s:/home/pkgadm/sys/arch/i386/compile/S i386

Audio (DSP) part of my config:

sb0     at isa? port 0x260 irq 10 drq 3 drq2 6  # SoundBlaster
sb1     at isapnp?
audio*  at audiobus?

And here is what kernel says (now it detected two cards, but only second
is working, first hangs after playing few milliseconds):

sb0 at isa0 port 0x260-0x277 irq 10 drq 3,6: dsp v4.13
audio0 at sb0: full duplex, mmap, independent
midi at sb0 not configured
opl0 at sb0: model OPL3
midi at opl0 not configured
isapnp0 at isa0 port 0x279: ISA Plug 'n Play device support
isapnp0: read port 0x20b
isapnp0: No current device for tag, card 1
sb1 at isapnp0 port 0x220/16,0x330/2,0x388/4 irq 5 drq 1,5
sb1: Creative SB AWE64 PnP Audio: dsp v4.16
audio1 at sb1: full duplex, mmap, independent
mpu0 at sb1
midi at mpu0 not configured
opl1 at sb1: model OPL3
midi at opl1 not configured
joy0 at isapnp0 port 0x200/8
joy0: Creative SB AWE64 PnP Game
joy0: joystick not connected
isapnp0: <Creative SB AWE64 PnP, CTL0022, , WaveTable> port 0x620/4 not configured

BTW, is there any way to install two isapnp cards that use the same
resources by default and choose other port/IRQ/DMA for one of them?
Something like running isapnptools before loading OSS/ALSA modules
on Linux. If yes then I would try to run SB16 PnP or SB16 Vibra PnP.

TIA.

--

s.