Subject: Re: HAL (was build.sh fails)
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: current-users
Date: 02/29/2004 19:01:44
--KjG/elEj40fDqMBW

On Sun, Feb 29, 2004 at 01:49:41PM -0800, David S. wrote:
> OK, if 'sup' is broken, than why is it an "officially" supported
> method of retrieving -current sources?

Note that my calling sup "broken" isn't any sort of official
statement from TNF, considering I don't represent them.

That said, your message:

  http://mail-index.netbsd.org/current-users/2004/02/29/0019.html

came after Manuel Boyer's message:

  http://mail-index.netbsd.org/current-users/2004/02/29/0014.html

stating that sup is broken in that it doesn't distribute .o files
(his exact words: "I'll try to get this corrected"). Manuel's words
may be taken with a bit more force than mine.

Note also that not very many people seem to be having this problem
(though, it's probably open to question how many non-developers
are even capable of building at the moment, considering how bogged
anoncvs.netbsd.org, which just about everybody persists in using,
has been).

--=20
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net