Subject: Re: TCP/IP tuning
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Christian Biere <christianbiere@gmx.de>
List: current-users
Date: 02/28/2004 16:58:21
--2oS5YaxWCcQjTEyO

Thomas Miller wrote:
> If the above is correct, doesn't my recvspace need to=20
> be increased, and therefore, NetBSD needs to be "tuned"=20
> for a 5 Mb/sec connection?

You expect ftp.NetBSD.org to serve you with 5 Mb/s? I'd think it
throttles connections to a reasonable limit.

> P.S. I appreciate that 5,000,000 is not a power of 2,=20
> so maybe the connection speed should be expressed as=20
> 5 x 1,048,576. =20

5 Mbps is really 5 million bits per second.

--=20
Christian
=20
As you can see, this a signature. It's not related to the contents of the
mail in any way. But you probably won't listen to me anyway, will you?

--2oS5YaxWCcQjTEyO

--2oS5YaxWCcQjTEyO--