Subject: Re: CISCO VPN Client
To: Jay Nelson <jnelson@newsstand.com>
From: Daniel Carosone <dan@geek.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 02/27/2004 11:46:06
--Idd68gPqKLz5+Ci0

On Thu, Feb 26, 2004 at 04:21:40PM -0600, Jay Nelson wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 26, 2004 at 03:19:28PM -0700, John R. Shannon wrote:
> > Has anyone any experience with using CISCO VPN Client for Linux in Linu=
x=20
> > compatibility mode?
>=20
> Last I looked at it, you had to patch the kernel. We couldn't use it.
> IPSec, though, works fine with Cisco.

Yes, our IPsec works fine with cisco routers (etc) operating within
the standards.

People wanting to use the "vpn client" with a conc. 3k often need to
use the cisco auth and config extensions to log into a corporate vpn
that insists on them.  Cisco's use of xauth and "group passwords" is
scarily insecure and shouldn't be used, but that argument is of little
benefit if you're only in a position to change the client.

--
Dan.
--Idd68gPqKLz5+Ci0

--Idd68gPqKLz5+Ci0--