Subject: new command for pcictl
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Chuck Tuffli <chuck_tuffli@agilent.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/26/2004 09:49:17
I was trying to find out more about the PCI devices on a new system
and ended up adding a new command ("capability") to pcictl. This
command is similar to list but also walks a device's capabilities list
and prints out the results. For example

% pcictl pci2 capability
004:01:0: Intel i82545EM Gigabit Ethernet (1000BASE-T) (ethernet network, revision 0x01)
        PCI Power Management Interface
        PCI-X device
        Message Signaled Interrupts (MSI)

The patch for this is in the PR database (bin/24459) for those who are
interested. Let me know if you find a problem or can think of other
information to display.

--
Chuck Tuffli    <chuck_tuffli@agilent.com>
Agilent Technologies, Storage Area Networking