Subject: Re: objdirs and readonly /usr/src
To: Johnny Billquist <bqt@update.uu.se>
From: Douglas Wade Needham <cinnion@ka8zrt.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/26/2004 11:26:42
Sender: current-users-owner@NetBSD.org

Quoting Andreas Kahari (ak+netbsd@freeshell.org):
> So a union-mounted local directory on top of the NFS-mounted
> directory doesn't work in NetBSD either (I had problems with
> it in OpenBSD)?  I can't test it right now as I'm away from my
> machines.

Works great for me.  I have been doing bi-weekly builds of -current
for the past 3-4 weeks using NFS mounts, and of 1.6.1/1.6.2/current
for much longer on local mounts.  I NFS mount the entire source tree
area (which includes src and xsrc for 1.6.1, 1.6.2 and current, plus
pkgsrc and my local lsrc tree) onto my -current machine from my main
build machine using a fstab entry.  I do the same for my distfiles
area.  Then, when I start my build, my sandbox scripts (referenced in
other messages) union mount these directories below my sandbox.

- Doug

--
Douglas Wade Needham - KA8ZRT        UN*X Consultant & UW/BSD kernel programmer
Email:  cinnion @ ka8zrt . com       http://cinnion.ka8zrt.com