Subject: Re: Spam suggestion...
To: NetBSD-current Discussion List <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Aidan Kehoe <kehoea@parhasard.net>
List: current-users
Date: 02/26/2004 13:35:44
 Ar an 26ú lá de mí 2, scríobh Steven M. Bellovin :

 > In message <16445.53295.384677.41566@gargle.gargle.HOWL>, Aidan Kehoe writes:
 > > Rendering all spam traceable is significantly improved functionality.
 >
 > Really?  What good does tracing it do?  What are you going to do with
 > the information?

Block automatically and usefully based on the sending domain? Make ham more
evident to filters? If a particularly large volume is coming from a given
domain, take the time to contact the admins responsible? (Yes, in your cited
case, that didn't work, but that doesn't make it not worth doing in the
general case.)

--
I don't care if it rains or freezes/'Long as I got my Plastic Jesus
Riding on the dashboard of my car.