Subject: Re: BSD licensed compress/gzip for NetBSD
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Bruce J.A. Nourish <netbsd@bjan.freeshell.org>
List: current-users
Date: 02/24/2004 04:28:16
On Mon, Feb 23, 2004 at 08:12:11PM -0800, Phil Nelson wrote:
> On Monday 23 February 2004 08:05 pm, Bruce J.A. Nourish wrote:
> >  I *know* we don't have BSD licensed
> > versions of those programs.
>
> Actually, I'm in the process of releasing my implementation of bc under a BSD
> license.  I have the source code ready,  I just haven't done it yet.
>
> And if you are starting with the recently released [AT&T] version...

I was going to use the OpenBSD version, which has implemented most othe
GNU extensions. OTOH, if you have code ready to go, then be my guest.

Hmm... maybe I'll port the OpenBSD diff/patch. Hopefully no-one else has
done this...
--
Bruce J.A. Nourish <bjan@bjan.freeshell.org> http://bjan.freeshell.org