Subject: Re: Build stalls at tools/texinfo
To: Garry Roseman <security101@copper.net>
From: walt <wa1ter@myrealbox.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/22/2004 20:25:58
Garry Roseman wrote:
> On Saturday 21 February 2004 03:51 pm, walt wrote:
>
>>Sorry, my mistake:  the problem is with texinfo, not uudecode.  I can
>>reproduce the problem with:
>>
>># cd /usr/src/tools/texinfo
>># make  (hangs forever with a zombie ksh process)
>>
>>Anyone else seeing this?
>

> Yes, isn't everyone??  I get exactly this behavior, a zombie ksh process
> while compiling tools/texinfo that hangs the system.  It is impossible to
> recompile the system using "make buildworld" or "sh build.sh build"

I don't know if enami's suggestion helped you or not.  By the time I saw
his response I had already solved the problem by deleting /bin/ksh and
symlinking it to /usr/pkg/bin/bash and the whole thing compiled normally.

The original problem with ksh has been fixed already, so if you can get
as far as I did and update the sources again it will all work.

Except for the new problem with make, of course ;0)  You need to use
vers 1.86 of /usr/src/usr.bin/make/var.c to avoid the latest bug.