Subject: Re: mutt-1.4.2 (from pkgsrc) broken on -current/alpha?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Dave Huang <khym@azeotrope.org>
List: current-users
Date: 02/22/2004 14:31:27
On Sun, Feb 22, 2004 at 01:00:14PM +0100, Christian Biere wrote:
> Me neither. -current/i386 1.6ZJ. (I like this thread.)

Hehe :) The data points are all very interesting, but there's
definitely a problem, even if some people aren't noticing it...
rebuild the mutt package, and when it's doing the configuration,
notice that it doesn't think you have a wchar.h.

And for those of you not seeing any crashes, I believe you need to be
running a fairly recent version of -current, and one of the following
needs to be true: pointers are larger than ints; or you have the
LC_CTYPE variable set to a multibyte locale. Try setting LC_CTYPE to
en_US.UTF-8 and see if you get a crash. On my -current/i386 1.6ZK
system, mutt doesn't crash if LC_CTYPE isn't set, but does when it's
set to en_US.UTF-8. On my -current/alpha 1.6ZH system, mutt crashes
regardless of LC_CTYPE.
INet: khym@azeotrope.org |  they raise a paw / the bat, the cat /
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 28 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++