Subject: Re: Spam suggestion...
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: current-users
Date: 02/22/2004 14:02:15
--geqsyf2OVoxJsjlO

On Mon, Feb 23, 2004 at 01:14:26AM +0700, Robert Elz wrote:
> PTR records are increasingly obsolete, and rather than attempting to
> find more absurd ways to attempt to enforce their use, we should be
> abandoning them wholesale.   They're unnecessary.

That'd be a lovely idea if the majority of the NFS implementations
out there didn't rely on their use for sane management of
dfstab/exports.

> ps: I'm not exactly sure what all the fuss is about - the amount of spam =
that
> either comes through, or pretends to come through, netbsd lists, is
> still negligible.

Well, it slips past things like SpamAssassin, which take a
conservative "don't drop things from mailing lists" attitude more
easily than end-user mail. That's not to say it isn't negligible,
just to explain why people may be more irate over it.

--=20
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net

--geqsyf2OVoxJsjlO