Subject: Re: Spam suggestion...
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
List: current-users
Date: 02/22/2004 07:58:46
Sun, 22 Feb 2004 08:53:10 -0600.
             <200402221453.i1MErANr027322@guild.plethora.net>
 > My figuring, though, is that we're very close to the point where techniques
 > such as "bounce mail without valid, matching, rDNS" will result in less net
 > loss of mail.  If people in your role are too overworked, we'll lose mail
 > anyway.

Besides, I have an SPF record in my DNS.  You can always use that
to discover that my mail server is legitimately authorized to send
mail on my behalf.  In fact, if you want to filter on rDNS, you can
even put in a filter that says "drop all mail that doesn't have matching
rDNS unless it has an SPF record that says it's ok."

So maybe someone should do something constructive though.  Maybe
admins@ should put an SPF record in netbsd.org's DNS.  Then you can
reject all mail purporting to be from netbsd.org unless it's coming
from netbsd.org's mail servers.

That seems far more intelligent.