Subject: Re: Spam suggestion...
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
List: current-users
Date: 02/22/2004 07:50:48
Sun, 22 Feb 2004 08:40:54 -0600.
             <200402221440.i1MEesNr027199@guild.plethora.net>
 > >I seem to do quite well filtering my spam without using this method.
 >
 > Lucky you.  I'm in the middle of having to upgrade TWO machines to handle the
 > load of spam coming in to a mere couple dozen users.  I'd guess that spam and
 > overhead is well past 95% of our email load, and solidly over 90% of our
 > network traffic, at this point.

You seem to think I'm  sympathetic to spammers or something just because
I can't get reliable rDNS for my mail server so you seem to think you
have to explain to me what a big problem we have with Spam. It might
surprise you to know that I'm in a far worse boat than you.  You at
least get to filter your spam and not have to see it.  I, as a NetBSD
mailing list administrator, actually have to _read_ all of my spam,
and read it carefully, because lurking in the ocean of garbage, are
occasional BOUNCE'd legitimate posts to the lists that I have to
forward.