Subject: Re: objdirs and readonly /usr/src
To: Dick Davies <rasputnik@hellooperator.net>
From: Andreas Kahari <ak+netbsd@freeshell.org>
List: current-users
Date: 02/21/2004 11:10:40
On Sat, Feb 21, 2004 at 09:25:20AM +0000, Dick Davies wrote:
> Hi. Bit stuck.
>

> I mount /usr/src readonly over NFS to my current box.
> When I try to build tools, I get this error:
>
>  cc  -O -o nbmake *.o
>  #    objdir  /usr/obj/tools
>  ln: obj: Read-only file system
>
> Which I assume is because build.sh can't make symlinks in /usr/src.
>
> Have I missed something?
> I'm starting to think rsync would be less hassle :)

It would be neat to be able to mount a translucent local
directory on top of the read only directory with mount_union.  I
did this on OpenBSD the other day, but ran into problems with
make ("getcwd(): No such directory").  I believe this had to do
with the ro-dir being NFS-mounted.  Haven't tried it on NetBSD
yet.

Andreas

--
Andreas Kähäri                      |=][=|
                                    |[==]|