Subject: macppc-current kernel and pci
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org, current-users@netbsd.org>
From: John Klos <john@ziaspace.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/20/2004 17:59:50
Hi,

I finally moved my PowerMac 9600 to NetBSD-current and, certain PCI cards
do not configure. Also, the second set of three PCI slots do not even get
scanned; this problem used to happen on a warm-reboot, but not on a cold
boot, and now it's always happening.

Both of the Adaptec SCSI cards I've tried fail with the same error:

ahc0 at pci0 dev 15 function 0: Adaptec 2940 Ultra SCSI adapter
: unable to map registers

And the PCI bridge gets configured:

pci1 at bandit1 bus 1
pci1: i/o space, memory space enabled

The gigabit ethernet (wm) and IDE card (cmdide) both configure and work in
the first three slots, as does a Lucent PCI to wireless adapter.

Ideas?

Thanks,
John Klos
--
Strength was the virtue of paganism; obedience is the virtue of Christianity.