Subject: Re: multiprocessor i386 1.6ZH system crash
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Lubos Vrbka <shnek@tiscali.cz>
List: current-users
Date: 02/15/2004 19:14:40
Christian Biere wrote:

> The problem occured again with 1.6ZJ and a kernel with the options
> mentioned above. There was no message whatsoever on the console. I
> forgot to check whether I could still get into ddb. ddb.onpanic and
> ddb.fromconsole are set to 1, though. I expect it to happen again
> within one or two days.

today it happened when i was doig make clean in the whole pkgsrc tree on my
1.6ZH. i think that's another proof, that the problem probably lies somewhere in
the harddisk i/o operations (in the past, i had problems mostly when unpacking
gzipped files - again hdd i/o).
running the debugger from the serial console wasn't possible. tip displayed only
~ character.

what to do now? wait for another -current? or should i upgrade to 1.6ZJ and try
to catch it again and hope that this time i'll get to ddb?

regards,

--
Lubos
_@_"