Subject: Problems with SMC2336W-AG 802.11a/b/g card in -current
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Matthew Ragan <mdr@wayport.net>
List: current-users
Date: 02/12/2004 23:16:31
I'm attempting to use an SMC2336W-AG card on a Thinkpad A31 on a
newly-built -current (although this behavior has been repeated with
-current from both December 2003 and January 2004), and am having
problems with actually getting the card to work.  The card is detected
with the following:

ath0 at cardbus1 dev 0 function 0ath0: waking up from power state
D-973062144
ath0: mac 5.6 phy 4.1 5ghz radio 3.6
ath0: 11a rates: 6Mbps 9Mbps 12Mbps 18Mbps 24Mbps 36Mbps 48Mbps 54Mbps
ath0: 11b rates: 1Mbps 2Mbps 5.5Mbps 11Mbps
ath0: 11g rates: 1Mbps 2Mbps 5.5Mbps 11Mbps 6Mbps 9Mbps 12Mbps 18Mbps
24Mbps 36Mbps 48Mbps 54Mbps
ath0: turbo rates: 6Mbps 9Mbps 12Mbps 18Mbps 24Mbps 36Mbps 48Mbps 54Mbps
ath0: 802.11 address: 00:04:e2:a3:d5:2e

and any attempts to do anything with the card (ifconfig, etc) give the
following errors:

ath0: unable to reset hardware; hal status 3
ath0: waking up from power state D-973062144
ath0: interrupting at 11

Also, before these messages are printed, the speaker clicks, which I'm
sure is indicative of something.  Other Cardbus cards do not have this
problem; a Xircom RBE-100 works fine, for instance.

Is there something that I'm missing in my configuration that I have to
do for this to work properly?  I have the following PCI options in my
kernel config currently:

options         PCIBIOS                 # PCI BIOS support
options         PCIBIOSVERBOSE          # PCI BIOS verbose info
options         PCIBIOS_ADDR_FIXUP      # fixup PCI I/O addresses
options         PCIBIOS_BUS_FIXUP       # fixup PCI bus numbering
options         PCIBIOS_INTR_FIXUP      # fixup PCI interrupt routing

-- Matt