Subject: Re: upgrade problem
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Nathan Langford <njl@sdf.lonestar.org>
List: current-users
Date: 02/10/2004 01:44:07
On Mon, 9 Feb 2004, John R. Shannon wrote:

> >From src/UPDATING:
>
> 20040109:
>         Compatibility for old ffs superblock layouts has been
>         added, and the restrictive fsck checks have been reenabled
>         when using those layouts.  If you have been using -current
>         since 20030402, you may find that fsck again signals fatal
>         superblock mismatches.  To work around, you can use
>         fsck_ffs -b 32 -c 4 to restore an alternate superblock
>         and complete the filesystem upgrade.
>

> My guess is this is your problem.

I tried running "fsck_ffs -b 32 -c 4 /dev/rsd2a":
FREE BLK COUNT(S) WRONG IN SUPERBLK
SALVAGE? [yn] y
UPDATE STANDARD SUPERBLOCK? [yn] y

It didn't seem to solve anything and I got the same error
message at boot time.  I also tried with SALVAGE=n.

Once again, any suggestions are most appreciated.
-Nathan