Subject: Re: SLIP/serial driver Problem?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Rene Schickbauer <cavac@grumpfzotz.org>
List: current-users
Date: 02/04/2004 23:33:09
On Tuesday 03 February 2004 19:27, you wrote:
> On Tue, 3 Feb 2004, David Querbach wrote:
> > Please don't remove SLIP -- it's still useful for talking to 8-bit and
> > 16-bit embedded controllers due to its extreme simplicity.
>
> Does this means SLIP currently works for you?

I managed to get SLIP working, seems as it's ok as long as i don't use a
speed >19200.

Without SLIP i wouldn't have been able to install my old IBM Thinkpad (i'm
not gonna buy this thing a PCMCIA network card, would cost more than the
notebook itself)

So, please don't remove SLIP :-)

LLAP & LG
Rene
--
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops.
On my desk I have a workstation...