Subject: Re: MozillaFirebird-0.7
To: None <netbsd@wolfnode.de>
From: Brian A. Seklecki <lavalamp@spiritual-machines.org>
List: current-users
Date: 01/29/2004 22:02:24
On Thu, 2004-01-29 at 17:26, netbsd@wolfnode.de wrote:
> Hi,
>
> just installed the MozillaFirebird-0.7 under a 1.6ZG/i386.
>
> Never used this browser before. It starts fine, but as I type an URL,

> nothing happens. Haven' tried with stable yet.

"Nothing Happens" as in the Mozilla progress icon starts to animate or
as in: Press enter, nothing happens?

With that type of behavior I would check the folowing:

$ netstat -ta -f inet | more

...look for signs that the web browser is attempting to open a socket to
the destination.  If you don't see any sockets related.

$ netstat -f inet -t tcp

...as well
-lava